Mark your calendars! Mother’s Day is coming up on May 11, 2014. Taking mom out to brunch or dinner is always a nice gesture, but I love to get a nice gift for her as well. Moms do so much, even for us adults. It’s really nice that we get to celebrate her with nice meals and goodies! I don’t want to brag or anything, but I am kind of an awesome gift giver (well, when I like the person). These 6 suggestions will be sure to make any mommy happy! Unless your mom is the natural, outdoorsy type – in that case maybe be a gift card to REI? My mom is a girly gal, so I can’t really help you there.
1. Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay, $52 – I have already purchased this for my mom for Christmas and she loves it! All of the Naked palettes are worth the hype, but I especially like this one for an occasion like Mother’s Day because it is so romantic and ladylike with the pink hues. This assortment of creamy shadows will compliment any woman’s skin tone. I’d say Urban Decay has the lady crowd pleasin’ down!
2. Too Faced “Better Than Sex” Mascara, $23– I know what you are thinking – RAUNCHY title. Too Faced just loves shocking us with their branding – we get it. Hopefully your mom has a sense of humor and this will tickle her pink with giggles – bonus gift! I have to say, this mascara is pretty fantastic. If you don’t like clumpy mascara, or you have a tendency to be picky with full texture in a mascara, stick to Lancome Difinicils. If you like some volume and a lil’ Kardashian on your lashes, you will be quite pleased. Your mom I mean! Who’s shopping for who now? #shopaholic
3. Banana Republic Starlet Necklace, $35 – Give mom a little icing! If you can’t afford diamonds, this necklace is a pretty great alternative. Statement necklaces are huge again this spring, and this necklace sure makes a statement. Again, I love the pink color for Mother’s Day and this necklace just happens to be on sale so act now! Buy, buy, buy!
4. Jo Malone’s Cologne in Peony and Blush Suede, $60 for 30 ml – Jo Malone fragrances smell like Princess Di – I swear. If you have yet to sniff one, go to your nearest department store and sniff, sniff, sniff. This fragrance is one of their most popular and you will see why. With notes of red apple, peony, and suede, the oils and fresh aromas sink into your skin and become your own musk. I think all of the Jo Malone’s colognes are perfect, but my mom especially likes peonies, so party with the peonies!
5. Banana Republic Annie Scarf in Wild Orchid, $44 – This pop of color will brighten anyone’s day. Scarves are a pretty easy gift, one size fits all, and they really jazz up a plain ensemble. This scarf also comes in a “blood orange and “bright citrus” – just in case your mom’s not a PINK gal.
6. Nars Blush in “Orgasm,” $33
– Yes, another raunchy name, but I think we are over this one. This blush is lovely and peachy and it flatters most skin tones. This blush will give your mom a lovely glow and make her feel special. Nars blushes are a tad pricey, but the product is beautiful, pigmented, and easily blended. No wonder “Orgasm” is a universal best seller!